THE FWM TEAM
Our Why = Why Not?!
I’ll never forget a specific moment when I was teaching my first personal finance class. I was going through the step-by-step process of how mutual funds, compound interest, and time are all simple, yet powerful tools used to invest for the life goals we all want and need…only I turned around to a class of confused faces. One student raised his hand and said, “sorry, I think we’re all a bit lost. What is a mutual fund?”
In that moment I realized how blessed I was to grow up in a household where personal finance and financial planning were spoken about openly and often. Ever since then, I have asked myself the question: can the power of financial planning become common knowledge for all? Why Not?! This is what drives me to share and educate on financial planning so that more families can use money and finance as a tool to achieve the life they desire.
Financial life planning should be as widespread a topic as arithmetic and English. This is our why and what excites us to continue this important work daily.
Giovanni Fernandez, PhD
President and Financial Advisor
- Born in Miami
- Earned PhD in Finance in 2012
- Teaching for 10+ years at the university level, focusing on courses in Financial Planning
- 5+ years of experience in comprehensive financial planning, investment management, retirement planning, and risk management
- Research & Publications in The Journal of Portfolio Management, Journal of Applied Business & Economics, Journal of Accounting & Finance, and more
Behind every principle is a promise.
- Born in Miami, Bachelor of Finance
- Certified Financial Planning Concentration
- Focus and Passion in Holistic Financial Planning
- Former Collegiate Soccer Player
The noblest art is that of making others happy.
Barbara Nogueiras Fernandez
- Born in Cuba and moved to Miami over 50 years ago
- Earned Master’s in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance
- Worked in Accounting, Operations, and Finance for large corporations for 20 years
It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.